How To Make .Exe?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/How To Make .Exe?

HuNTeD(Posted 2005) [#1]
I cannot figure out how to run the .exe files that blitz3d makes! It dosen't make a .exe it makes some file that nothin that I have can open... What am I doing wrong?

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#2]
You cannot 'open' an exe - you can run it. 'exe' is short for executable.

You can only open your .bb - in blitz of course.

IPete2.

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#3]
Are you trying to open your exe from within blitz3d turkey? Cause if you are, you should definitly listen to Ipete. If your not, i dunno what to tell you. Try updating blitz maybe?

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#4]
I suspect it is because it doesn't add .exe to the file end automagically. Try renaming the file and adding .exe to the end.

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#5]
It should automatically add the file extension ".exe".

HuNTeD(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yes i ment run .exe, I'll try renaming it if that dosen't work than something is really messed up.

Thanks

Cancerian(Posted 2005) [#7]
My copy of Blitz does the same thing. You have to manually type ".exe" in the filename when you compile (or rename it afterwards). It won't automatically create the file extention. Strange but easy enough to deal with.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#8]
You have the updates? I don't have this problem. Are you telling the computer to make executable?
-RZ

mrmango(Posted 2005) [#9]
Stab in the dark, but is it DEP? Have you recently patched Blitz?

Mango

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#10]
I hope you won't try to rename a .BB to .EXE - this won't work. You need to create an Executable using the Compiler IDE Menu ( Program > Create Executable) . Then enter a name with ".exe" as extension. If you can't run an Exe, check your computer if there is a "apple macintosh" logo somewhere (no, just kidding)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#11]
1) Program>Create Executable
2) Save it as "filename.EXE"!

Does that not run?

HuNTeD(Posted 2005) [#12]
Yeah I renamed it, it works great now, thanks a ton guys. By any chance (I know it's off topic don't wanna make a new thred) would any of you know how to create a high score list that will save it's self? Also a mouse menu would be helpful (yes I'm a really huge nub but I'll get the hang of it, soon, I hope)

Thanks

GfK(Posted 2005) [#13]
I'm intrigued. How did you manage to make an EXE that won't run?

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#14]
I have a mouse menu on my spacefite game that i made b4 i got blitz3d, i will make a site and let u download it in a few days or so. As long as you don't make fun of me. Also you should try that savegame thread in the Blitz3d beginners forum its like 3rd from the top rite now

HuNTeD(Posted 2005) [#15]
ok thanks n8r2k, i didnt make a .exe that didnt run, blitz3d did i just has to rename it problem solved.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#16]
Here's a hiscore example:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1328

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#17]
you can click this link to get the example of a mouse menu. http://dragonflame36.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/mousemenuexample.zip Just post if you need help.