alpha problem in blitz1.88. anyone else had this?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/alpha problem in blitz1.88. anyone else had this?

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#1]
Just wondering as I was using some alpha in new scenery I am making, it shows up correctly in the B3D pipeline viewer (compiled with 1.87) but not in the engine, which uses blitz3d 1.88.

Not sure if its a 1.88 problem and something changed since 1.87, or it's a coding one so I thought I'd ask. Just incase someon ehad a similar experience.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#2]
There was an alpha change from one recent version to another and back again. Can't remember the exact details. Fredborg will remember them, cos it affected gile[s] quite a lot.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#3]
In 1.87 the support for simultanous Alpha and Multiplying was dropped (well it wasn't support, but worked kind of "by mistake"). In 1.88 this was then re-implemented, tho in a "more controlled" way, as versions text mentiones. Probably this is what you're talking about.

You maybe best check if it's an 1.87 issue by downgrading your compiler quickly, will take a Minute or two. You can get Versions down to 1.85 from the Update section.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ive been having alpha issues in blitz for quite some time. Quad2 now has some serious Alpha issues (Evak, you might have seen the seethrough buildings?) Im not calling alpha anywhere in code to affect the mesh. Strange.

Would be ncie to know...

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#5]
Try the new Update 1.90!

IPete2.