The file formats i want to use with b3d 4 my game

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/The file formats i want to use with b3d 4 my game

cr(Posted 2005) [#1]

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#2]
I really think you need to start smaller, if you are to gain a real understanding of what tools/fileformats are required. It really does look like you are picking stuff at random cos it looks cool or something.

Some of your file formats have been answered about before, so I won't go over those again.

Blitz doesn't support PK3, MDL or MDL7.

Free World Editors: Maplet, DeleD?
Commercial: CShop.

gile[s] is great for light mapping.

Free Particle System: Lotus (2?)
Commercial: Particle Candy

You have a freeware IDE already.
Commercial: Protean is still suppported (Visual Blitz doesn't seem to be anymore).

If you want ODE you will need a wrapper from somewhere. JV-ODE being the best one around I think.

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#3]
PK3 is simply a packing format - worry about that when you have something to pack, if you really have something cool you could molebox it.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
yes, PK3 is only a renamed ZIP. You can rename a PK3 File to ZIP and open it.

Don't use a BSP File that was created by a Tool of ID Soft. The products of their BSP Compilers require a License if you want to release something commercial. Unfortunately the only BSP Format Blitz supports is the Quake3 BSP Variant (by ID Soft). So you better convert your BSP Files to B3D, X or 3DS, or simply make something non-commercial.

MDL and MDL7 may be converted to B3D using UltimateUnwarp, I am not sure of this.
WMV may or may not be supported by all users machines, depending on the Video Codec that is used inside the WMV File (note: this may differ a lot). Shipping a WMV wogether with a Video Codec Install usually requires a costy license.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#5]
You are right MDL can be converted to B3D, it is a boned format.

Rottbott(Posted 2005) [#6]
RottParticles is also free from the toolbox.