Problem with B3Ds

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Problem with B3Ds

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#1]
Okay, when I was messin around with the Blitz3d demo, I could use a B3D file exported from maplet with no problem at all, but now that I purchased Blitz3d itself, I can't seem to use meshes created in maplet when I exported B3D files, only .X files. Is my computer wacked or am i doing somthing wrong? Heres the line I use to load the mesh:
mesh = LoadMesh( "C:\Program Files\Maplet\test.b3d" )

When I run my program, I get a runtime error saying "Entity doesn't exist". I checked that all my filesnames were and correct and my files were in the correct place, but it still won't work. Is this something wrong with blitz, or with me.

I also noticed that the functioin "TrisRendered()" works on Blitz3d demo and not on Blitz3d, same as "CameraProjMode()"

Duckstab[o](Posted 2005) [#2]
you need to update your version

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#3]
update what? My maplet or Blitz3d

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#4]
Blitz3D

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#5]
Really? I just got Blitz3d like 3 weeks ago. How do I update it anyway?

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#6]
nvm, i posted this in Blitz Programming also and someone responded so thanks anyway

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#7]
nvm my nvm, I still have a problem:

When I tried installing the updates in C\Program Files\Blitz3d it kept on saying there was a bug, am I doomed?

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#8]
Don't create two identical threads in different forums.

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#9]
Sorry, and thanks for the help.

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#10]
I tried installing the Updates again but I still got the bug. Anyone know how to get past this?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#11]
It says "there's a bug" ?!? What exactly does it say? "There's a bug" doesn't sound like a message by Mr. Mark Sibly IMHO.

Probably it's the Toolbar BMP problem we have seen recently, it happens when you update from the original 1.64 Version right to 1.88, if I remember right.

Well, give us some more information about this "bug".

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#12]
And to load and view a B3D or any supported mesh did you use this code?:
Graphics3D 800,600,32,1
SetBuffer BackBuffer()
Collisions 1,2,2,3

camera=CreateCamera()
CameraRange camera,.1,9999    ; changed to 999 for large distance
PositionEntity camera,0,1,-1
EntityRadius camera,.5
EntityType camera,1

mesh=LoadMesh( "level99.b3d" )
EntityFX mesh,1
EntityType mesh,2
sp#=.25   ; camera speed

While Not KeyHit(1)
  mxs#=MouseXSpeed()/4
  mys#=MouseYSpeed()/4
  xa#=(xa#-mxs#)Mod 360
  ya#=(ya#+mys#)Mod 360
  MoveMouse GraphicsWidth()/2,GraphicsHeight()/2
  RotateEntity camera,ya#,xa#,0
  If KeyDown(200) Then MoveEntity camera,0,0,sp
  If KeyDown(208) Then MoveEntity camera,0,0,-sp
  UpdateWorld()
  RenderWorld()
  ; Text 0,0,"TrisRendered "+TrisRendered()
  Flip
Wend
End
I commented out trisrendered in case you still can't get that to work but you can uncomment.

-RZ

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#13]
This is the error message I got when I ran the updates

An error occurred whil trying to repace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recomended), or Abort to cancel installation.

(Abort) (Retry) (Ignore)

Thats how it looks exactly, the perenthisis means a button.
..................................................................................................................................................
Thanks for the code Rook, I'll try that out and let you know if it works as soon as I can.

How do you post code like that on a reply?

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#14]
Okay its that good news and bad time. Good news first, after I posted that error message, I clicked the Ignore button, then pulled up Blitz3d and all the updates were there and It recognized TrisRendered() and everything else. Bad news, I can click the run button but nothing happens. This is so frustrating! At least it can make executables. Any suggestions?

Does anyone know what the IDE file in the bin folder does? When I clicked it, Windows said there was an error and asked me if I want to report it, is this my problem?

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#15]
When I said that I can make executables, forget that, I can only do that if I don't set a graphics mode. Text only! This torture is to much! Should I submit a bug report? And please try to answer questions on all the unanswered questions in the forum. Thanks for the help

jhocking(Posted 2005) [#16]
My friend recently had that problem updating Blitz. He restarted the computer and then the update worked fine. His theory was that maybe Blitz was running at the time (he had a bunch of applications running so he's not sure) and that was preventing the update from overwriting the file.

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#17]
Thanks man, I forgot u have 2 restart windows when u install something or else it doesn't work. I'll let u know if it works

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#18]
It didn't work, I am thinkin about posting a bug report 'cause this is wacked man.

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#19]
After I posted that last one, I ran updates again, and guess what? no errors, Blitz runs fine. Thanks All

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#20]
IDE (FYI) Is the editor that B3D runs to allow you to input code... There are several others out there to try if blitz is giving you trouble.
-RZ

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#21]
Thanks for the info Rook, The IDE must be fine now, because everything is acting perfect, and thanks for the code man.