Pause / resume video playback

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Pause / resume video playback

Drops(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all, I want to use videos (avi and/or mpg) in my program. Unfortunately there seem to be no possiblity to pause and resume videos/movies. Any ideas on how to realize that?
Thanks a lot...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
I'd like to know that too. Or maybe something that allows to ignore timing information and play it like a Gif, each DrawMovie draws one frame.

cYB0rG(Posted 2005) [#3]
I wanna know the same too.

to have cool (and useful/usual) functions like :
- Forward / Reward / Play / stop

like all players we know.

if someone know the way to do it he's welcome :p

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#4]
*thinks*

*writes something awesome*

*realises it doesnt work*

*gives up*

Nope. You can't. Sorry.

cYB0rG(Posted 2005) [#5]
well, but maybe in near future !

at least I hope :)

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#6]
Doesn't Blitz Movie 1.3 do some of this anyways? Check their home page for more info.

http://www.harrimansoftware.com/blitzmovie/

IPete2.

cYB0rG(Posted 2005) [#7]
nop,
just get frames stock in image, and no sound.

I wanna do a "MediaStation" so I need to play avi/mpeg/..., like any other players. and i don't wanna watch all my movies from start :)

so, i (or we) need total frames and speed (blitz movie 1.2 DLL already do it) and of course possibility to jump at any frame (but with sound working).

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#8]
Currently I use MciSendString to play Avis. It offers everything you need. Only Problem: won't work in windowed Mode, must be Fullscreen. In windowed mode Mci creates an Overlay that will continously z-Fight with the Blitz window. In Fullscreen it's ok.
Here's the source:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1329

cYB0rG(Posted 2005) [#9]
well, it's almost that :)

btw i need to update my blitz3d version , because the video only played on overlay and blitz prog on another display.

but, by example I can't play Avi with "non standard" codecs, like commun Xvid (only sound played).

cYB0rG(Posted 2005) [#10]
and of course, Thanx !

Edit:next time, I'll use edit function, sorry