Problem when changing screen res during a game

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Problem when changing screen res during a game

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2005) [#1]
I want to offer an option to change the screen res before the 1st level starts(I would like to keep all the 2D menus at one resolution so I want to change it to the users specified res before anything containg 3D starts), if I do it before the level starts the collisions stop working, if I do it during a level I get an error, any tips on how to get this working?

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#2]
I have never tried this before but I would think either an old fashioned GOTO command would reload all your collisions etc. OR possible restating the COLLISION matrix. Off the top of my head.

Someone will probably have a better idea. I am going to go and try that change thing now...

-RZ

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#3]
Any use of the Graphics3d Command will clear all your object data from memory.

I would recommend setting/changing the resolution at the very beginning, using a scaling function to scale 2D menus up/down by the necessary amount.

NewtSoup(Posted 2005) [#4]
while game=1
run_menu_system()
if graphics_changed then
scale2d_graphics_to suit()
end if
if play_game_selected
set_graphics_3d()
load_world_and_object_data()
play_game()
end if
wend

OR

while game=1
run_menu_system()
if play_game_selected
set_graphics_3d_to_selected_res()
play_game()
end if
wend

WRONG:

Set_graphics3d
while game(1)
overlay_2d_menu_graphics()
if play_game_selected
change_res_to_user_spec()
play_game()
end if
wend

the last one will reset your world when you reset the graphics res so dont do it :)

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#5]
Or, your menu could be in a window (keeping your 2D images scaled the same), then the game runs fullscreen.