Zit Zapper Game

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Zit Zapper Game

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#1]
Zit Zapper is a simple game based on images and simple maths collision. The game play elements are simple: zap the zits as they pop up with your mouse. The game increases with difficulty with time. Earn bonuses or penalties dependent on the Zits that remain with each wave.

The ideas here is to add game play elements and watch this simple 99 line code game evolve in many directions based on simple collision interactivity. Add movement, images, sound, controls, etc.
Controls: Mouse & LMB

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#2]
Goos work! If only B3D had the ability to synthesize sounds from a call stating frequency and duration as well you could have added sound too!
-RZ

NewtSoup(Posted 2005) [#3]
Sounds like the game certainly hit the spot with RZ :D

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#4]
:P Fun!

Gives me an idea.....
WartBlaster3D - with awesome realistic graphics of course! ^.^

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#5]
Should you do the spewing pus as a sprite or a deformable mesh?
;)
@luke: That was a truly bad pun.... I feel pain!
-RZ

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#6]
Thanks Guys. I've improved the targeting with distance function in the original code segement.

This is actually one of a series of small games I developed for my research to identify and classify Addictive Game Play Fun Factors.
Here are just a few generic Fun Factors I believe I have identified (more research is needed):

1. Graphics and Sound
2. Game Refresh Rate
3. Responsive Control
4. Game Pace
5. Upgrading
6. Memory Recall

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#7]
Dont zap your zits, it irritates the skin and causes more to appear. I lost zits when i stopped touching my face.

No, come on seriously, do you think we wouldn't realise what this thread is about? Its ok to talk about your zit problems, ask for more help if you need it.

As for your "research" thats just hilarious.

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#8]
Improved the point system: removed penalty, game over w/ 10 zits on screen.