Level texture problems

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Level texture problems

David819(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi, i have a level in the format of .3ds and it contain models which are supposed to have transperant parts but the parts which are supposted to be invisible show. how can i get the black parts to turn invisible. just as a note i dont load the textures into blitz they are already attached. pleaee can someone help.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#2]
What program did you make it in?

If you see a untextured side, and it is pure black, that side won't show, unless you do some really weird stuff that I don't really want to mess with. Basically just reverse vertex direction or something.

David819(Posted 2005) [#3]
I didn't actually make the level i converted it. The problem is some of the textures have transperant parts to them and in the level when loaded these parts still show rather than disapear.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hmmm....maybe open it up in a 3D modeling application and change the alpha values.

David819(Posted 2005) [#5]
I opened it up in lithunwrap and looked at it and tryed changing the format of the textures but failed.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#6]
OK, well, I'm outta ideas. Sorry.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#7]
What format was the level already in? I know the .3ds format has some limitations.

David819(Posted 2005) [#8]
I'm not sure what format it was originally cause it was ripped from a data file.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#9]
if you want all black parts to be transparent (I mean totally black= color $000000, and totally transparent, no milky glass thingie) then you may set the masked texture flag. Since you don't load the texture manually you have to use the automatic filter, then after loading reset it to defaults:

cleartexturefilters
texturefilter "", 9 or 4

map=loadmesh("castle.3ds")

cleartexturefilters
texturefilter "",9 ; defaults

David819(Posted 2005) [#10]
jfk EO-11110 thanks for that it's working fine know, thank you all for the help.