3D Shooter need help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/3D Shooter need help

Zach3D(Posted 2005) [#1]
Edit: Once someone helps me with this ill start showing screenshots and stuff and continue the topic.

Ok i have all the basic stuff i made a function called
CreateSkyBox(texture,size)
and i made the terrain, i am working on the gameplay but, could anyone give me a script that completely loads multiplayer and stuff so players can be in the game togethor, i will make them interact i just need to get a multiplayer code. I've looked in the manual but theres not enough listed to explain.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?cat=4

Zach3D(Posted 2005) [#3]
Well thanks but that place sucks it talks about sending emails and webimages and stuff. Thanks anyways....

Will someone who has AIM work on this with me?
give me your AIM screen name and we can work on it.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#4]
FPSNetUpdate is of no use?

Zach3D(Posted 2005) [#5]
....not for multiplayer playing,

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#6]
Well...er.... to be fair, your attitude 'sucks' (though I think that word is incredibly puerile) and you seem quite rude.

You asked for someone to basically write your gameplay code and then ungratefully insult the hard work done by so many others.

within those archives there are:

this, and certainly this to look at which is more than enough to use to generate a template for Net-gaming.

I would suggest looking into BlitzPlaybecause that is generally regarded as the best networking commandset for Blitz3D.

people will help you here, if you ask nicely, and dont expect them to do it all for you. You could also be more specific in your questions if there's a particular part of the network code that gives you a headache, try and describe exactly where the problem arises.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#7]
Malice is quoting me!
-RZ

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#8]
>> that completely loads multiplayer and stuff <<

you mean something like

Function MultiplayerAndStuff()

I am afraid it's gonna be a bit more complicated than "Print hello world".

You better build your MP Game aroud a MP Template than trying to include Multiplayer Support in some existing camera-look code snippets. The FPS Net Code is pretty nice IMHO, although you first need to set up GNet on a PHP Server. But whe you plan to release MP Games, you'll have to deal with that kind of matter anyway.

Berserker [swe](Posted 2005) [#9]
Zach3D i wreally hate youre attitude aswell we should support eachother here in the world of "hobby programming". Ask for forgivness and check my thread out, it might give you some ideas on what to to.

Remember that you will never learn if you just simply download codesamples and attach them. But i also have problem making a FPS game, i don't wreally think its the best sort of game to start with if youre new to programming. Programming in 3D is not good either if your new to programming (i belive so).

well check this thread out:
http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=37335#455825