B3D Pipeline relative path

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/B3D Pipeline relative path

ronbravo(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm checking here as well as the B3D pipeline forum to see if anyone is having problems having a texture show on a model that is exported using b3d pipeline? The texture I have is in a different folder than the b3d, but the model previews fine in the b3d viewer. However the only way I can get the textures to show in my program is to have the textures in the same file path as the b3d. Does anyone have any solutions?

Hujiklo(Posted 2005) [#2]
You know - I'm having exactly the same problems now with B3D pipeline. Only it's proving to be a bit random - works one time then doesn't work - on and off. It's driving me crazy, as well as crashing max just as randomly.
If I nail down the problem I'll sure to be back and let you know!

...as a side note - 'Challange' should be 'Challenge' in your 'pearl of wisdom' sig ;D

ronbravo(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks for the help and the grmaticle advice. :)

Hujiklo(Posted 2005) [#4]
I nailed it down to the b3d materials...if I use standard max materials it exports everytime, but if I use the b3d material properties it hangs...I'm still trying to work out a work-a-round though.

Hujiklo(Posted 2005) [#5]
As a side note - I found that if the viewer shows the mesh and animation as normal but fails to export as it often does...don't bother to export it, view it then just copy the temp.b3d from the plugins folder and rename it to what you want.

ronbravo(Posted 2005) [#6]
Thank you for the help.