Nam level

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Nam level

samoz83(Posted 2005) [#1]
does any one know where i can get a vietnam type map in .b3d?

GfK(Posted 2005) [#2]
um, make one?

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#3]
That's a REALLY vague question...

Caff(Posted 2005) [#4]
Even better that finding one, you can make one.

Look at using a Quake III BSP, as that is probably the easiest way of learning how to create / load maps. Look at the 'LoadBSP' command, then learn how to use simple map editors like GtkRadiant (google it) and create textured, lightmapped levels.

samoz83(Posted 2005) [#5]
I would make one but i don't do levels and so that why i asked

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#6]
does any one know where i can get a vietnam type map in .b3d?

lol

nowhere...

You could try hack some stuff out of different games, convert to a certain format that a modeler app can open that can also convert it to b3d. Oh and by the way, hacking is usualy not legal.

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#7]
Is it legal to use .BSP maps made in GtkRadiant,
GETIC, ect., with Blitz and sell it?

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#8]

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#9]
there are diffrent BSP formats (eg. HL vs Q3). Depending on the BSP Compiler tools that where used to create the BSP Map, it may or may not be legal to use it commercially. Blitz can only load Quake 3 BSPs, and AFAIK all BSP-Compilers for Q3-Maps require an Engine License to be used commercially. So for us it means: no, it isn't legal unless you'll never release it commercially, which is likely with your very first trials.

There are also some tools that will convert several BSP Formats to B3D, WRL or 3DS etc. (Although in theory it will still be illegal to use it commercially, it will be hard to proof what tools where used to create it).

There is an alternative Q3 BSP Compiler, but Bob3D told me it isn't working. Its name is "OpenBSP" and it's an open source project.

boomboom(Posted 2005) [#10]
http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/articles/show_article.pl?f=boomboom12122004125044.html