Help!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Help!

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm looking to make an mmorpg, but haven't made a game in my life, and i'm wanting someone to do the following tasks:

Sound
Graphics
Code
Design
Gui
Music
Concept Art

I will be the project manager and will do fuck all :D

Thank u :o)

GfK(Posted 2004) [#2]
Please may I touch you?

Tom(Posted 2004) [#3]
I'll produce the producer, direct the director and execute the executives O_o

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#4]
*RossC lifts up his shirt

Touch away :D

puki(Posted 2004) [#5]
I like hamsters - so that qualifies me.

Ethan3850(Posted 2005) [#6]
Wouldn't the hamster get squished?

GfK(Posted 2005) [#7]
hullo

we are maeking my mmorprmrormrmrrorrmrrpg it weil have unlamited plays, and we will sell it by $50. but we am having ein porblem. dose aynone now how print ist working?

-me
All good food does not include doritos

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#8]
L...M...A...O!

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#9]
Oh and, as project manager, i reserve the right, when this project is sold, to keep all profits. But, as a gesture of good faith to everyone involved with this, you will each receive a free, yes *FREE* copy of the game!

I know what your thinking... their must be a catch somewhere, their isn't, everything is as simple as that. Ok, Gfk, i want a particle AND gravity system by 5 pm tonight.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#10]
Concept Art

/-------------------------------------------------------------------\
|                                                                   |
|                                  +                                |
\-------------------------------------------------------------------/

Done.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#11]
I'd be happy to code for the project, but I'd need some kind of fantastically complicated code framework that all my code had to fit into or it might actually stand a chance of getting finished some time this year.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#12]
Music

Opening sequence

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#13]
Music

Closing sequence

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#14]
Music

Cutscene 1

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#15]
I see this is making progress. Well done Ross, you have a nice team to help you.

P.S.
lmao

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#16]
lol

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#17]
Ahhh, this community... Youre all still here even though we got split up.

PS... can i do the MMORPG bit? I could handle it- i know it. I just aced the Graphics3D command :D

[edit]

Bloody could have SWORN they implemented "MakeMMORPG{}" already, didnt they? damn....

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#18]
No...that was the "MakeAGameBetterThanHalfLife2()" function.

puki(Posted 2005) [#19]
I can hum tunes into a tape recorder which can be recorded into a PC via a cable thing - thus music shall be heard - but the music shall be that of a humming sound in tune to a tune.

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#20]
can i join in
working from the concept art by WolRon, multiple anims with limited bone count..but a bit high on the poly count...soz

(edit: i tried to stay away..but i Couldn’t resist.. i will tell myself off tomorrow:)

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#21]
Erm... I got this great bit of cource code that I stole by nabbing it from a commercial game in development, but it only works on a very specific computer, OS, graphic card setup and needs a million DLLs. Plus someone needs to translate it for me to Blitz!

Oh, and Il code the game, providing someone can make the engine and scripting, so all I need to do is... well... half as much as Ross!

----------------------------------------------------------

Please help bc im stuck at the bit where u type an the commands dunt do when i tell the the but theres sprites in it and the 3D isnt Far Cry. My mate says he made Halo 2 in Blitz so how can I finish this?

here's my codd:

Print "Hello WORLD"
;ALl your badger are ownZord by us

but this is where it gets complecatted the man dont run when i move and the mouse button is pressed like really fast. It should be GTA 4 but is it illygal to make GTA games because pacman got sued by Konami?

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#22]
Oh why aint you helping me. Answer my question. You should be telling me what I did wrong and fixing it. Write my game for me!

RiverRatt(Posted 2005) [#23]
Malice:
You spelled horse code wrong. Also you spelled earm... wrong and a bunch of other stuff is also wrong.

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#24]
Arfe you being serious, RiverRatt? coz I wasn't! ;-)

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#25]
I am good at gfx
I can do the gfx.
Here are my gfx
Please don't steal them or take credit for them.
They were done by me, solely by me, only me, nobody but me... and my mate.
My mate is good at gfx.
I can't do gfx
http://sprites.planet-megaman.com/

GC-Martijn(Posted 2005) [#26]
@puki
; I like hamsters - so that qualifies me.

I have a 3 year old a russian hamster !
So I want in the team if you are in.

grindalf(Posted 2005) [#27]
please can i be the assistant project manager and do f**k all as well. cause im very good at that, oops boss is coming better pretend to do some work

RiverRatt(Posted 2005) [#28]
Malice:
There is serousness in all humer. Did I spell humer right?
Oh well.
By the way you spelled arse wrong and cuz wrong.
Just trying to help.
GC_Martijn:
You should get some rabits instead.

BobR3D(Posted 2005) [#29]
But I just need sum1 to show me the codes!

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#30]
I didnt write 'arse' so - whatever you think may have supposed to have been 'arse' wasn't supposed to be 'arse' so wont be spelled 'arse' (well that's four uses of the word 'arse'n - oops five, in one sentence)!

Go on rip my grammar apart hehe.

Plus cuz aint a word (nor's aint) so I can spell it coz or cuz coz(cuz) it int gonna matter got me?

Anyway, i AM enjoying this thread ;-)

Skurcey(Posted 2005) [#31]
Me i can code i know all the secrets of the <help_Ross_C$> function.

/me blinks

RiverRatt(Posted 2005) [#32]
Malice:
Well what does arfe mean? I am not ripping yer grammer apart! Just yer spelling. And you are wrong. Cuz is a slang word but still a word, so is aint, but you spelled int wrong too.

Agamer(Posted 2005) [#33]
O I hate having my forum default to blitzmax, but I have decided to help.

I will do all the on screen text for the ai and dynamic story line.

O

And my spell checker broke!

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#34]
ah - RiverRatt u got me! Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa! Nearly dint get that for a bit!

I never spell "harf" wrong so u dunno wot ur talkin about!

:-)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, I will make some 3D meshes. I can make some nice cubes and Cones and Cylinders and if you're really lucky I might do a sphere... if you're lucky!

Oh I can texture them too! To look like they're painted white!

I thought I could write the game at night so it's all black so you dont need to see buildings and enemies and weapons and things - this means it'll be super fast and save loadsa graphics memory for bloom filters, shaders and environment reflection light, bump, and surface-mapping!

Agamer(Posted 2005) [#35]
ok, I got some dialog written.

Hi everty oenm, wjhatsi pui

Ok, maunbe thats to fasr.

O and I made my self bad there, contary to many biliefs!

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#36]
Phew! I saw a post from Agamer in another thread, where he claimed to 'be back after a few months away.' My immediate reaction was "Imposter !" because I could read it without having to electroshock my skull.

Your posts here have killed my "bodysnatchers" theory.

G00d to sea yo u abck m8.

In honour of this I propose to do the Character Class system for the mmorpg:

Character Classes
=================
All players can choose from a vast range of character classes:
* coder - you play a geekish programmer with dyslexia who trolls around the levels. {Special weapon - flame(war)thrower}
* clone - if you get bodysnatched, the server AI takes over all your actions. {Special weapon - grammar and spellchecker}
* hamster - trundle around in a crystal ball. {Special weapon - AniMesh of debilitating cuteness}
* n00b - for advanced players only. {Special weapons - fully loaded BUID, T1 internet access, manuals/docs fragging device (pre-tested), razor sharp intellect}

Someone tell me how to do the code for cheats so that I can always get to n00b level without having to play the lower levels. Don't bother posting any commented code, because I don't understand all that stuff - just give me the working example.

Agamer(Posted 2005) [#37]
BlackHumper, I'm happy to clear you up that I am Agamer, Which I am honest!

But the post before was done on porpouse, though I am not saying my spelling/Grammer/Typing is perfect I do now try to keep it readble unlike what it used to.

Though I am sure this description will stick with me, most likely as I will all ways be bad. Well, I can be a legend, A legend I can tell you, I will be here for years to come, no one will escape me!

Ok, were was I going with that, oh yeh, wait, I'll get back on topic, but first I would like to inform any one who gives a damn, I am not offended for thoose who care, not that I ever get offended really on a forum, infact the only one who has ever offended me on the net is Gfk :P

Ok there is my life history, back on topic.

As you can see my spell checker was broken in the above post, I was typing something up and asked it to spell check and I got an error.

I think it went along the lines of

"You think I am checking that, thats just gone to far. I am off now if you ever learn to spell hesitate to call me"

So I am not exspecting to see it in a while.

So on seeing character classes I thought I might add to them.

But then I didn't.

Thats is it for my fantastic update, I know you all fear me, I help so much o and one more update, the planet(s) (all) got hit my a missel, o well that wipes out the game, so umm I finished the game. Here is all we need now