Off Screen

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Off Screen

Salo(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hello Blitz community, don't know if this is a common prob or just me but I hope there is a solution.
I have a 17inch TFT at 1280,1024 resolution. When running B3d Apps at full screen its like everything is shifted an inch or so to the left with a bar of blackness running down the right.
I don't know if this has to do with B3d or my monitor settings or whatever. Hope someone can tell me whats up.

Cheers

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#2]
It's your monitor and video card that are doing it.
Try different refresh rates or adjust your monitor
Graphics3D 1280,1024 should look normal

Salo(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks for the reply Ice. Refresh rate does'nt do it though, and I think I may have been misunderstood.

The problem i'm having is not running b3d apps that begin
Graphics 1280,1024. But ones coded in a lower res. So some things done in b3d, like some of the blitz tools even, have this prob.
I've mainly been learning/using 2d, If it makes any difference.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#4]
Try adjusting the settings on your monitor. Usually you have to do that one time for every resolution.

ICECAP(Posted 2004) [#5]
Ahhhh so i wasnt the only one in the world with that problem.
Its not your graphics card, its your monitor.
I had a 15" tft and it did exactly the same thing.
It was an unnamed brand... one of these generic thingimabobs.

The way i fixed it... your not going to like it:
I bought 2 phillips 19" lcds.

Not had that problem since.

However it still mucks up on my projector.

TomToad(Posted 2004) [#6]
Dan23, under display properties, there should be some settings to change how the screen is displayed on the monitor. On my card I have to go to Advanced/GeForce5200/Screen Adjustment, it might be different on yours. You basically change the resolution of the card to what you want to adjust, then use the screen settings to move and resize until it fits properly. Then you switch to the next resolution and do the same thing, and so on until all resolutions fit on the monitor properly.

Salo(Posted 2004) [#7]
Hi, thanks to you all for your replys, and sorry for not posting back sooner.

Turns out turning up refresh rate did do the trick, even though it didn't the work first few times I tried it, so thanks to Ice9 especially : )
At last now I can play with any Blitz app and see everything.

Thnx Everyone.

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#8]
My laptop does that occasionally, the big black bar thing I mean. It stopped when I updated the graphics drivers, but since then it got completely reformatted and ATI dont support the chip anymore (boohoohoo)

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#9]
I get the 'problem' every time you run a resolution your monitor has never seen before, once you play with the moniter settings to put the screen in the right place every time you go back to that res the moniter knows what to do with it.