sky..! and one more thing

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/sky..! and one more thing

MR:Satanist(Posted 2004) [#1]
hi m8, i need the code fore a sky

and i want my camera to dont go up in the sky if i lock at it

i did read about gravity but dident get any closer...
plz help me!

GfK(Posted 2004) [#2]
Tell you what. Let me know what your game is and I'll write the whole damn thing for you. I tried to help you for two damn hours last night to your relentless cries of "it don't work, plz help me"... and if that in itself wasn't bad enough, you displayed your gratitude by lapsing into your native tongue which to me, seemed like the epitomy of rudeness.

Now I'm not being funny.... actually, yes I am... but you really need to at least *try* to figure out some stuff by yourself.

Blitz comes with instructions and sample code. Use them.

MR:Satanist(Posted 2004) [#3]
yes i know but now it geting stressed so i aint got the time
i has know it but i forgot it....

GfK(Posted 2004) [#4]
so i aint got the time
Well, me either.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#5]
check the markio demo, it has a skyboy and a player input handler.

basicly you need to create a player pivot, then create the camera with this pivot as parent:

player=createpivot()
camera=createcamera(player)
translateentity camera,0,-0.9,0

then inside the game loop you need to turn the PLAYER left and right, and look up and down with the CAMERA, this will prevent moving towards the sky when you walk forward while looking up.

of course, you need to move the PLAYER when you walk, run, strafe, jump etc.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#6]
Don't forget to search the code archives for bits of useful code.

BlackD(Posted 2004) [#7]
Tell you what. Let me know what your game is and I'll write the whole damn thing for you.

Haha :D

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#8]
Nice xmas gift offer, isn't it? (hohoho)

Chad(Posted 2004) [#9]
@GFK

I was browsing through the forums and saw that and myself got frustrated just reading his pleas. Good luck mate!

doctorskully(Posted 2004) [#10]
Really large flipped, textured sphere attached to camera. The end. Can't get any simpler than that.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#11]
Some advice to lasse. When posting, try post about a problem your having. If you have something that needs done, actually have a dam good try at it like most people on here do. I try as hard as i can before asking people for help. It's just polite really, as they do the same.

Remember, people on here go out of there way to some extent to help others, so make sure you've tried everything and read example as much as you can. You won't learn much getting things done for you, if you haven't tried. I dunno whether it's an age thing, or whether there's an FAQ on posting for help. There probably should be a sticky on every forum explaining this.

I'm not getting on at you much, just remember and be specific about what you want. If you don't understand gravity, and need it for your game, don't write:

"I need someone to write gravity code for my game, and i don't want the camera to move"

Try:

"I'm needing gravity for my game. Can anyone explain some techniques, or ways to do this so i can try them out."

You know where i'm going with this anyway, so i'll leave you now :o) Good luck with what ever your doing.

Zenith(Posted 2004) [#12]
On that topic; i ned 2 maek a mmorpg wer is teh mmorpg cmd's???