Blitzmax Win32 Beta ? | use blitzmax forum ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blitzmax Win32 Beta ? | use blitzmax forum ?

GC-Martijn(Posted 2004) [#1]
H!

I saw that some people have a beta Win32 IDE [Blitzmax],
where can I find that ?
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=41547

and my second question:
Why can't I create new messages at the BlitzMax Forum?

Thanks
GC-Martijn

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#2]
Because Blitz Research has locked everyone out that doesn't have a BlitzMax BUID.

You can't even get the beta Win32 BlitzMax without purchasing the full version.

And even worse, you have to ask those questions to the rest of us in the 'wrong' forums...

GC-Martijn(Posted 2004) [#3]
yea it's really not logical.
But now I know it thanks.

Then I yust wait for the win32 demo.

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#4]
I think those who have purchased the Mac version have access to the Win32 beta.

IPete2.

Akira(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yep, if you purchase the Mac version you get full access to the BMax forums which includes the ability to post, as well as access to the 'private' forums in which the link to the Win32 and Linux betas can be found.

You may feel it is silly purchasing the Mac version when you don't even own a Mac, but once you own a license for one version (ie Mac) you will be entitled to download the Win32 and Linux versions for free when they are released. Plus you also get access to the betas.

Be aware that while the current version of BMax does support OpenGL commands it does not contain a 'BlitzMax' 3D module. The 'BlitzMax' 3D module is apparently scheduled for release next year (2005) and will need to be purchased by existing BMax owners if they wish to make use of it's features.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#6]
if youre wanting to do 3d, youl want to wait for that 3d module.. if however youre wanting to play around and will do a little amount of 3d, then get it- Theres a "basic" 3d engine going around but its realy not all powerful, but fun to play with.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2004) [#7]
..well..if you really wanna good 3D on OpenGL, better wait BasicGL to ne open for purchase...I find it much more comfortable to work with...

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#8]
yeah basic gl seems cool, but not sure how powereful or fast it will really be for a full project. needs to have full skeletal animation upport too