Whoa, I've been gone for months...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Whoa, I've been gone for months...

Gun Ecstasy(Posted 2004) [#1]
Then just remembered "What happened to Blitz?" So I found some free time and wandered over to the Blitz Basic site. To my surprise, the site layout is still the same, and not much has changed. But the first question that pops in my mind is "What about Blitz Max?"

So... what about BlitzMax? Apparently, it's been released for the Mac, but not for Windows. When's it coming out for Windows? Or does anyone know? And what is it exactly? I looked into the product description and it's not too informative. Well maybe it's pretty informative, but it doesn't state any of the specifics that were added (functions and whatnot). But with all the talk about pointers, data types, and polymorphism, it sounds like it's a kickass language that combines the power of C++ into the simplicity of Blitz. Is it like Blitz2D, BlitzPlus, and Blitz3D combined? From the mini-brochure that the website has, I'm actually unsure of whether it's capable of 3D or not. Or well at least I'm sure it's capable of 3D (sounds like you can access OpenGL commands straight from inside Blitz), but I'm not sure if it has Blitz3D functions. Not that they're of any use anyway, with their limited use and extremely asinine collision controls. I almost regret buying Blitz3D... but at least its 3D commands are better than PureBasic (yuck @ OGRE).

Ah yes... I see I've rambled on too long.

Edit: Oh yeah, where do I get the updates to B3D and BP?!

sswift(Posted 2004) [#2]
There's a forum for the updates now.

And Blitzmax for PC... Soon.