BlitzMax Windows Beta?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/BlitzMax Windows Beta?

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have just seen something on the BMax forums about a beta version of BMax for Windows\Linux users in the private forum. As this doesn`t show up when I look, I assume because I have not got BMax yet, if I buy the Mac version will I be able to download this beta for Windows?

As I cannot post over there I have posted here. Does anybody have any info?

Jason.

simonh(Posted 2004) [#2]
Yep, registered users of BMax get access to the forum and the beta.

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#3]
What does the beta include? Is it at the same stage as the current Mac version? For example, does it include the demos, docs etc...?

Thanks for the speedy reply BTW :)

Jason.

simonh(Posted 2004) [#4]
Yes it includes demos and docs, and a basic IDE. The only thing lacking really at the moment is a debugger.

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yup demos and docs, and is nigh on the same as the Mac one except the wip IDE is a little quirky and the debugger is not quite there yet.

[edit] You beat me too it.. ;)

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thanks guys :) I`m seriously tempted now.

Jason.

dynaman(Posted 2004) [#7]
Yup - I think I'm tempted to buy myself a christmas present.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#8]
Pretty dumb to have to post here isn't it?

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#9]
Agreed. I wasn`t sure where to post as seems to be the case for everyone at the moment.

Jason.

Curtastic(Posted 2004) [#10]
If we could post in blitzmax forum, that would defeat the purpose of releasing it on the Mac first. Okay, not toatally defeat it, but I think mark only wants to hear about bugs from max users.

maximo(Posted 2004) [#11]
That's it I'm buying today! :)

Follow me!

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#12]
I bought it!

Dazzy(Posted 2004) [#13]
but I think mark only wants to hear about bugs from max users.

Dunno about this now, the max forums were very quiet and by giving access to beta versions for other platforms ensures more pc users will buy it earlier!

BODYPRINT(Posted 2004) [#14]
Mark clearly states that the betas are an early crissy present, but there is no true support as such because they are nowhere near complete.

Mind you there are a few posts from the BR team to help users get the Betas running.

I have had no problems using the betas. Just dont drag highlighted text, or do anything to drastic in the IDE :-)

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#15]
There is now an official thread for all BlitzMax questions.