OSA Kit (Play your game online) Goes Gold!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/OSA Kit (Play your game online) Goes Gold!

Sphinx(Posted 2004) [#1]
I would like to announce the release of OSA Kit (Online Software Activation Kit) which helps
you turn your games to online playable games without learning Flash or Java.

Included with the OSA Kit a nice tool to help you pack all your game media into the game EXE so no need to buy any third party tool
that does not mean you can not use third party tools (e.g. MoleBox) on contrary it is possible, so you have many options :)

There is a demo at my site which is a fully functional except
- It shows a nag screen before the game starts.
- It is a ten minutes time demo and the game will be shut down.

You can find more info here http://www.osakit.com

and you can see it in action here http://www.osakit.com/inaction.html

and you can download a demo from here http://www.osakit.com/downloads/OSAKitSetup.exe

I am looking forward to your feedback and orders ;)

BlackD(Posted 2004) [#2]
Wasn't there just another thread about this? Think we forgot? ;) Hope it goes well for you. :)

Sphinx(Posted 2004) [#3]
BlackD : It was more than one thread :) but all was for testing and suggestions and the product was not fully finished !

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#4]
Sphinx - I think this is a great addition to the Blitz armoury. Here's a question tho:

Can I purchase one license (used on one page on one website) and then switch the game occasionally? So, I will only be using one at a time?

Would certainly help.

maximo(Posted 2004) [#5]
Hi does it support multiplayer?

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#6]
Shpinx,

Please check your e-mail - thanks,

IPete2.

Sphinx(Posted 2004) [#7]
Beaker : I can not say No (for you in particular and for Blitzers in general :) )

Maximo : as long as your game does it does :)

IPetet2 : Try to name your window title to be the same as the name of the EXE, for example, AppTitle "Demo" and make the name of your exe Demo too.

try your demo here http://www.osakit.com/demo.html

maximo(Posted 2004) [#8]
What prevents your game doing harmful things to the user?

IF multiplayer game is possible, this thing is great :)

Sphinx(Posted 2004) [#9]
Maximo : that was discussed in previouse thread, well, what prevents any other game doing harmful things to the user?!

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#10]
Sphinx,

Okay I will test it now.

.. hmm that seems to work fine, perhaps I need to follow your advice here... I will try it now on my website.

[two minutes later]...woohoo it works! Great thanks Sphinx.

tee hee - full screen works fine too! Imagine that download to fullscreen from a browser - lovely! :)

IPete2.

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#11]
Sphinx,

I remember you wrote in an another thread something about Blitz users would receive a discount. You still going to honor that? :)

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#12]
Sphinx,

The OSA Pack maker keeps saying it can't find the "Path not found" is the error...

...any thoughts?

IPete2.

Sphinx(Posted 2004) [#13]
P-Q4 : sure. For all Blitzers here is a 10% discount coupon ANCI-1010
It is valid until the end of the month :)
Also Make sure to choose No download warranty from the Extended download warranty combo box (I am gonna delete that)

IPete2 : try to make a directory called Output on the c:\ partition and let me know if you succeeded! (that should fix it)

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#14]
Sphinx,

The games (on your web site) load and run fine, but when I try to close the browser or exit the game then close the browser, IE complains and shuts down. Meanwhile I see this www2.exe file in my process list active and still running.

I have successfully loaded my game via the OSA kit, but it does not show in the web page, instead it is loaded in a separate window. My game has been moleboxed, perhaps it has something to do with it?

I'm runnning Win2K, SP4.

Sphinx(Posted 2004) [#15]
P-Q4 : If you are using Blitz3D then please make the window title the same as the EXE name (that's applicable to Blitz3D and Blitz2D only, BlitzPlus has no problem!! do not ask me but ask Mark :))

I tried it with over 30 game demos and all has no problems but I will see that www2.exe thingy!!

Could you please let me know the link of your game?

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#16]
Sphinx,

I named by blitz3d file, mytestapp.ply. I've set the title of the app as:

AppTitle("mytestapp.ply")

Uploaded mytestapp.ply to my server and it is still shown in a window.

Sphinx(Posted 2004) [#17]
Just mytestapp without .ply :)

All these tips are mentioned in the Help file!

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#18]
In either case it just doesn't work :(

I've tried on 2 test boxes and I get the same result, the window pops up every time.

Sphinx(Posted 2004) [#19]
could you please give a link to your demo?!!

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#20]
Sphinx, I sent you an email.

Sphinx(Posted 2004) [#21]
P-Q4 : It works just fine here!!!

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#22]
Sphinx,

May work for you, but I get a memory access and a pop-up window. I can duplicate this on 2 different computers. One running Win2K SP4, the other WinXP SP2.

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#23]
Sphinx,

Looks good now :)

It appears there is a conflict when I have my game installed on the computer. When I uninstall it, then proceed to load the game via web page, it works just fine.

Sphinx(Posted 2004) [#24]
cool :)