Selling Blitz...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Selling Blitz...

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2004) [#1]
Am I entitled to sell my copies of B3D and B+ once I get Blitz Max? It seems a bit of a grey area as I don't own a CD or anything... and if someone bought it they would need an account on here for support.

VIP3R(Posted 2004) [#2]
The Blitz product license would need to be transferable, I don't know for sure, but I doubt it is.

It's a bit of a coincidence you've asked this because someone has sold their BlitzPlus user account on Ebay recently. The new owner is now asking where he/she can download the full version in the BlitzPlus forum:

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=41435

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2004) [#3]
Spook! Don't know how I missed that. I haven't sold anything yet (that wasn't me!!), but I would be interested to see what the outcome is.

Grisu(Posted 2004) [#4]
only time ahm... Mark will tell... :)

BlackD(Posted 2004) [#5]
Are you sure you want to sell B+ and B3D? BlitzMax doesn't replace either product. No Windowing-APIs like B+, and no 3D like.. Blitz3D. 3D will come at a later date, but again it's OGL, not D3D.

To get a correct answer, it would be best to email support@... - that's what the email address is there for. ;) Actually, email sales@... - Mark probably checks that more often. ;)

+BlackD

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#6]
No good asking here. Email Blitz Research about it.

I gave my copy of BlitzPlus to my nephew and niece a while back and just sent Blitz Research an email explaining the situation to them and asking for a new BUID account (I had registered the purchase with my existing account and couldn't see any way of transfering it). James (Blitzsupport) emailed me a new BlitzPlus BUID and deleted the old one so I could set up an account for my nephew and niece.

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#7]
If theres one problem I can see with selling fully-digital products like this thing is the fact you can still have it installed on your PC when you give it to someone else for cash.....

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#8]
Which is why they deleted the old BUID in the situation I described above.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#9]
it doesn't matter whether it's a software only product or not, you can still have it installed on your system and sell it on.

The version of B3D that came on CD (of which I am a proud owner) doesn't require the CD to use (thankfully).

The BUID is the important thing since updates can only be downloaded using that.