Blitz logos

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blitz logos

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#1]
Does anyone else not like the logos for Blitz? The silly cartoony bubble look turns me off. I think they would be much more effective simplified, like without the bevel lighting to look 3D. Or maybe it's just the black background; that kind of fun text should be on a fun background, like white.

No, wait, no, it's definitely the text.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#2]
They are just a bit dull, nothing makes them standout. The blitzresearch in the top-right,however, looks quite nice.

Most bits of software will have some kind of graphic that you can identify with that program. DB has the pyramid, valve has a valve, nintendo have the red encapsulated logo. The new b3d,b+ and bmax icons look way too generic.

This is the logo from my site. While its probably not the best example, the AC is present in any version of the logo. So it will be recognisable.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#3]
Actually, the one on the right is a great example of the kind of logo that works great as a shortcut on a computer (in the OSX dock, the Windows start menu, whatever.) Simple, strongly iconic imagery in a clean capsule. And the flat color text looks way more professional than the bubble look in the left logo.

Braincell(Posted 2004) [#4]
The last logo was made in a contest if i recall. And it wasn't all that great either. Maybe we can spontaniously offer them some logos with stylized "B3D" or "BlitzMax" and they might just accept it. The right acoders logo looks authentic and nice, they need something like that.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#5]
Btw the LARGE version of the bmax logo looks ace (the one on the newsletter) They are probably the same thing (one just smaller) but it doesn't work in small.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2004) [#6]
I think they look great - very Team17 stylee.

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#7]
I preferred the previous Blitz3d logo, but its nice see'in the 3 products based upon the same icon......except the blue-on-yellow (the new b3d logo) doesnt look very appealing compared to BMax's Purple or B+'s green...

Steve Elliott(Posted 2004) [#8]
I think they're neat as well Falken - the only one I don't like is the Blitz Research Logo - far too small and almost apologetic in it's insignificance.

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#9]
What bugs me is the fact they used the PNG's alpha channel in all the logo's, my version of Internet Explorer (latest version, SP2) likes to throw on its own background onto all the logos....they should just mask the background instead...
(actually had a thread over in BC.com recently, learned that different versions of IE handle the alpha differently)

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#10]
I think they look pretty good. Sure, they are a bit boring, but show me another logo that looks like that?

By the way, why are we posting these threads in the beginners area?

Steve Elliott(Posted 2004) [#11]
"By the way, why are we posting these threads in the beginners area?"

Because the general discussion area's been removed.