Verifying Frame Rate with Render Tween Method

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Verifying Frame Rate with Render Tween Method

Rogue Vector(Posted 2004) [#1]
How do you verify the frame rate ( i.e. count the FPS), when you're using Mark's Render(tween) method - as used in the 'castle' demo.

None of the frame rate counters that I've applied seem to work with render tweening, however, they do work with the Delta T method or with no frame limiting.

Regards,

Rogue Vector

DJWoodgate(Posted 2004) [#2]
If you put the frame counter where the renderworld is then it will count how many frames are rendered. It can do little else. Bear in mind though that the FPS limiting in render tweening is not related to how many frames are rendered per second, but to how many physics updates/game cycles there are per second which might be why you think it does not work. The actual Rendered FPS rate could be anything.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#3]
I calculate the FPS by counting the number of millisecs it takes for the update loop, adding it to the number of millisecs it takes to render and dividing the total into 1000 millisecs. That's a good approximation of how many FPS you'd be getting if you weren't tweening.