No access to BlitzPlus forums

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/No access to BlitzPlus forums

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#1]
Well, I don't own BlitzPlus, however, I frequently help people out with blitzplus (general programming) problems... Seems I can't do that now.

GfK(Posted 2004) [#2]
Perhaps if we could reply to threads in Blitzplus forums and were just restricted from starting new ones?

sswift(Posted 2004) [#3]
And I can't access the BlitzMax forums to help people out there. Are people with math/physics questions expected to post every thread in BOTH forums to make sure everyone can answer it?

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#4]
Actually, I was thinking about this. It's a pain for anyone wanting to help or wanting to be helped , because there is a lot of crossover between languages.

Another thought that occurred to me is.. what happened to people who only bought Maplet? Where can they post? Many people bought Maplet for no reason other than to get forum access, so do they still have wide access? I realise there will be a number of people who won't shed any tears if Antony Wells can't post widely any more ( he contributed a lot of help and code whether you personally liked him or not ) but Evak and a bunch of other people also paid for Maplet so that they could get access to discussions regarding art-related questions and whatever other areas they might be able to share their knowledge and experience. Now are they getting that taken away? If they are, quite aside from the fact that the rules are being changed after they paid their money, we all lose out when knowledgeable and helpful people aren't able to get wide access to the forums.

RiK(Posted 2004) [#5]
Its only been one day and I'm already finding a pain to navigate around the different forums.

If there was at least a top level forum home page with an 'active topics' link that spanned all the forums for all the products that would help..

sswift(Posted 2004) [#6]
HEre's another thing that sucks about the new forums:

Graphics showcase is under Blitz 3D section, which makes no sense.

Blitz3D showcase forum posts cannot be replied to by BlitzMax users, and vice versa.

The forums should be under one link on the top bar. FORUMS. Under the community section. Then the forums should be all listed. And all active topics showing all active topics in all forums. And the graphics and off topic and general discussion stuff should all be seperate from the three main sections for each language, and there should be one showcase forum in that fourth section as well, there's no need for three different showcase sections!

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#7]
Change it back to normal!

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#8]
Using ideas from above:

I'm not suggesting changing it back, just suggesting maybe a few tweaks are in order.

The amount of cross-over help for all the blitz products needs a common forum(s). I would suggesting having the a single general, offtopic and showcase but make them available in all product areas so they all link to the same place.

This way you keep the B+, B3D and BM seperation but you maintain common forums from within each. Therefore if you problem is BM and BM only related then people in the other forums don't need to know about it, however, if it's general programming then all forums will see it.

I would suggest anyone should be able to reply but only be able to create in the owned product area.

Just thoughts...

VIP3R(Posted 2004) [#9]
I agree with Rob's suggestions above.

Also sswift's suggestion to add the product names to the forum paths:
Forums/BlitzMax/Beginners Area
Forums/Blitz3D/Beginners Area
Forums/BlitzPlus/Beginners Area

Other than that the new forum layout seems ok to me.