When for PC?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/When for PC?

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#1]
Just to separate this question into a thread of it's own...

When do we get max for the PC? I just dropped 80 dollars so that I would have the right to ask this and get an answer. Quite a bit of cash for just an answer don't you think? :)

How long?

Kanati

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#2]
C'mon, someone in the know, I'd like to have BM under my xmas tree, pretty please with sugar on top........

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeah, me too. BMAX for christmas would be awesome...

I think ion said on irc that'd be out soon. I'm not sure if he's a beta tester though. They already have a pc ver. working i believe. Its anybodys guess really (sept mark of course)

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#4]
bump

Robert(Posted 2004) [#5]
It partly depends on how many bugs are reported for BlitzMAX Mac. ed.

So far it looks promising.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#6]
Its anybodys guess really (sept mark of course)

If Mark knew, he'd probably say. That he isn't saying anything means he probably isn't sure. Maybe there's work to be done that's not in his hands, maybe it depends on Mac bug reports ( not in his hands ) and he doesn't want to give anyone a time he can't guarantee to meet.

BlackD(Posted 2004) [#7]
From his worklogs, I'm just guessing, we're probably looking at March or April next year.

+BlackD

Strider Centaur(Posted 2004) [#8]
Wow march or april? Well then I guess that puts the 3D module out till 2006 or sometime there abouts.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#9]
From his worklogs, I'm just guessing, we're probably looking at March or April next year.

If it's really still pending in March/April, I won't even bother opening the forums. It's bad enough now, but I have this feeling that the "optimists" who bought the Mac version and don't even have a Mac will be getting a little edgy if they're still waiting in four months time.

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#10]
edgy is not the word for it... Especially since releasing for mac first to iron out bugs still has to be the most idiotic idea I have seen Mark do (followed closely by blitz+). You don't release to a tiny minority for that kind of thing. You get it to the majority. The more people looking, the more likely to find the problems.

Oh, and I'm guessing that blackie there is just trying to stir the pot anyway. There'd be hell to pay if it was months away.

Kanati

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#11]
Considering that the PC and Mac versions were at the same point just a couple of weeks ago (my Demos were written on the PC version), I doubt it will be months away. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

Rimmsy(Posted 2004) [#12]
I've bought it already. It's fantastic; a perfect blend of all the best bits of java and blitz which I think will give the programming world a kick in its arse.

Good on you, BRL.