Blitz has stopped working.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blitz has stopped working.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#1]
I went to try at a game in blitz and loaded up to source, the ide was blank the functions are still showing but apart from that it doesn't show any thing or does it work, says it can't find any thing I can't type in text either, has any one got any ideas why?

David819(Posted 2004) [#2]
Not sure why that would happen, i'd check for viruses on your pc and reinstall blitz. hope this sorts the problem.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#3]
I would do a virus check first and then try a re-install.
Hope you get it sorted !

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#4]
I hope not for a virus as I am a scurity nut, I will try a reinstall but means I have to find my blitz cd :(

puki(Posted 2004) [#5]
Maybe, you have (or someone has) been playing with your config/ide settings. So it might just need a quickfix.

GfK(Posted 2004) [#6]
It happens sometimes. Reboot fixes it.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#7]
ok, I haven't rebpooted in a few days so I sopouse I can get round to doing that

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#8]
THanks for the help gfk it works now!

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#9]
This sometimes seems to happen after a new driver install from what I've been told so far (seems to be more Nvidia than anything else?), but a reboot always seems to fix it. Never seen it myself!

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#10]
I am on Ati card so I don't think it is nvidias fault but all is well now and I am happy!

SurreaL(Posted 2004) [#11]
heh first rule of windows: when something goes wrong, reboot ;p

I remember the arguments I'd have with people that were calling in to my job for tech support..

"Oh please I don't need to reboot. I already tried that."

"mmhmm. We'll get you to try it one more time then."

"oh weird.. it um.. suddenly started working."

"Wow."

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#12]
yeh, I knew a restart may work, I most likely should of tried that, but as my computer suplies the net to the network it is disroptive, well the one other user!

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#13]
Yeah - those 2 minutes of rebooting can be the most annoying minutes of your life. :P

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#14]
aye, they can!

DNielsen(Posted 2004) [#15]
@all
A couple of you guys mentioned a possible virus-infection. I know that was not the problem, but a highly free online-scanner is www.pandasoftware.com I use both AVG Professional and Norton Corporate Antivirus, but the Online Scanner of Panda Software actually detects and removed viruses not know to neither Norton, nor AVG Professional