How do I get ladders to work?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/How do I get ladders to work?

clownhunter(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm trying to get ladders in my game, and I'm having trouble with it. My game is at http://www.freewebs.com/clownhunter/stickfigure2.zip Could someone please help me?

DNielsen(Posted 2004) [#2]
Doesn't this belong in either BlitzPlus forum or the B3D forum? in one of the programming sections basically? Just out of curiosity?

clownhunter(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeah probobly, but last time I posted something there, it took a while for somebody to answer me.

poopla(Posted 2004) [#4]
I'd still avoid posting in the wrong forum. Anywho!

If you can give some descriptions of how your game will use ladders, we can help ya. I'm not DLing anything to help you. That's just work :P.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#5]
yes, wht kind of ladders? 2D, 3D? Show us some Code here.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#6]
my first double post!

clownhunter(Posted 2004) [#7]
There's code included in my download. The game is 2D. It's the sequal to the my game "Mr. Stick-Figure".

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2004) [#8]
IF man collides with ladder AND (up/down) pressed move man (up/down)

clownhunter(Posted 2004) [#9]
Yeah, I have that, but if you're moving up, and you're at the very top, colliding with the top pixle, and then you go up up once more, then you're not colliding with the ladders anymore so he can't go down.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2004) [#10]
If you had explained that in the first place, you would probably get more replies!!!

OK, how about this - say you can climb down if you collide with ladder, or your position + 1 pixel down collides with ladder. can climb up if collide ladder or your pos+1 pixel up collides ladder.