Bloom problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Bloom problem

Dock(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm using bouncers excellent Bloom code, but I'm having a slight problem. It seems to be displaying my image in letterbox format with strange images at the top. I tried this at both 640x480 and 800x600. Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks in advance!

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
Without looking at the code I would guess cameraviewport.

Dock(Posted 2004) [#3]
CameraViewport wasn't defined (oops!), but defining doesn't seem to have made any diffence. Hmm.

Dock(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hmm... playing around with this but still not having much joy. It's a bit of a headache as this uses an old version of SSwift's blurtexture function, but the shadow system uses a new version! I realise the new one ought to be up to the task, but it doesn't seem to want to play ball. Hmm.

sswift(Posted 2004) [#5]
I broke the blur function in my shadow system for a long time.

This version of the blur function is up to date and should work:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=754

Dock(Posted 2004) [#6]
Playing around with the bloom code I have, it seems that even the demo I have suffers the exact same problem. I don't think it is sswift's blur code to blame. Does anyone have a working copy of Bouncer's bloom code that they could share?

Dock(Posted 2004) [#7]
Aha - I found a working version of the bloom code, so I seem to be alright now. Using this combined with SSwift's new blur routine will work perfectly.

Clyde(Posted 2004) [#8]
It's probably just a scale issue!

Good work, nice screenshot dude!