Graphics Issues with GPFT Sample Code

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Graphics Issues with GPFT Sample Code

Kaminari(Posted 2004) [#1]
I just purchased BlitzPlus and the Game Programming for Teens book. I am using it to teach my children about programming and they really like it. (They are 4,4, and 8 years old - If anyone knows of any other BlitzBasic books aimed at kids I would be interested)

I first had a problem with the FontWidth() function, but purchasing BlitzPlus and apllying the latest patches fixed that. Thanks to some topics I read in these forums.

I am running into a problem now with the sample code in chapter 6 that simple cls's the screen and redraws a ship in different positions on the screen.

When I run it from the BlitzPlus environment in Win 2003 Server or Win XP Pro I just get a blank screen. If I compile the code and run it I can see the ship flickering around in the different positions.

I upgraded DirectX on both to 9.0c, updated my graphics cards drivers and still get the same result.

The program does seem to be running but my screen does not seem to be refreshing neither in the IDE (variable values) or in the run-tiem window.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kaminari(Posted 2004) [#2]
I feel silly about the post above as just entering a "flip" command after the drawing cleared it up... I'm glad I'm in the beginners area...

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#3]
Well, at least you don't have to worry about updating for a while...

Kaminari(Posted 2004) [#4]
That is true...