find child and positioning problems

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/find child and positioning problems

Diablo(Posted 2004) [#1]
i am having problems with the children. So here it is.
i have a modle with vertices and ploygons and all that stuff, then i create this bone that i call control because you know i what to be able to move the entier modle just by moveing this bone.

so i have this mesh and this bone and i attach all the vertices of the mesh to the bone and save. by the way its a mesh of a Helicopter.

now then, i select the control mesh and attach a bone to it wich i cal machine gun, because its going to control the machine gun, and attach it to the vertices that make up the machine gun.

i then select the control mesh again and add four more bones to it called missile 1 and so on. these ones i wont attach to any vertices because i want to use it for positioning.

So thats the mesh done now for the main problem. i save it and export it as .b3d and then do the following to load it

global Chopper = loadanimmesh("Chopper.b3d")
global Chopper_Control = findchild(Chopper, "Control")
global Chopper_MachineGun = findchild(Chopper, "Machine Gun")
global Chopper_Missile1 = findchild(Chopper, "Missile 1")
global Chopper_Missile4 = findchild(Chopper, "Missile 4")

so that loads it all fine and then when you press a key to move the control fowerd

if keydown(200) then
Moveentity Chopper_Control, 0, 0, 1
endif

and it moves it fowred fine. it when i try and position the camera behind it i get the problem.

positionentity camera, entityx(Chopper_Control), entityy(Chopper_Control), entityz(Chopper_Control)
moveentity Camera, 0, 0, -100

when i do this it only moves the camera forwed a small amount not relitve to when the mesh is. Help???????

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#2]
positionentity camera, entityx(Chopper_Control,1), entityy(Chopper_Control,1), entityz(Chopper_Control,1),1
moveentity Camera, 0, 0, -100,1

Guarantees its movement and placement to be global.

Diablo(Posted 2004) [#3]
thx