Mip Map in Blitz3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Mip Map in Blitz3D

Naughty Alien(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi folks..I have problem...if I'm exporting my level from Giles, all textures is Mip Mapped, whats okay, but as I can see, its control from Giles..Now, I'm doing some levels and texturizing in max, and its quite okay, with lightmaps and everything, but, my textures is not mip mapped during execution in Blitz3D..how to manage texture Mip Map from Blitz3D? Anyone can help??

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#2]
It should all happen automatically. the defaukt is to load an objects and it's textures iwth Mip mapping turned on.

Make sure you aren't clearing the texture filters before loading the objects as this will remove the mip mapping.

Vorderman(Posted 2004) [#3]
If you have this command -
ClearTextureFilters()

then the filters will be removed and mip-mapping is turned off.

If you want to turn it back on again, use this command -
TextureFilter "",1+8

What it does is - filter 1 is for COLOR (ie. you need that anyway) and filter 8 is for MIP-MAPPING. You can add additional filters to the list if you want - have a look in the help section for the TextureFilter command to see what's available.

Remember that once the filters are on they cannot be switched off unless you use the ClearTextureFilters command, so if you want to load different models / textures with different filters, you will need a layout sort of like this -
ClearTextureFilters()
TextureFilter "",1
;load non mip-mapped textures here

ClearTextureFilters()
TextureFilter "",1+8
;load mip-mapped textures here

etc..

TextureFilter "",1+8 is the default setting, so unless you tell the program otherwise, mip-mapping should always be turned on for any loaded model or texture.

Hope that is helpful.
James

Naughty Alien(Posted 2004) [#4]
..Thanks a lot folks..its working...I dont know whats actually happen, but now working well after yours suggestions..again thanks..