Multiple Animations

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Multiple Animations

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hello,

Let's say that I have a soldier model, and I want 16 animations. How would I create an "animation file" that I can load with "LoadAnimSeq?" Would I have to create a separate file for every animation? Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#2]
Well I dont have b3d but i am evaluting the demo

i found you can use extractanimseq if you now the frames and in the modeler, just make one really long animation

it works

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#3]
But what file type must I save to create a unique animation? I can't pack it all into a single *.3ds file, or can I?

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#4]
does anyone know the answer to this problem?

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#5]
What program are you using for your animation?
If it's max you can use the B3d pipeline to export your bones animations and then just use the 'extract anim'commands to play the precise frames you want.
So yes, you can just bung all the anims together as one sequence. But to be honest you're going to have to grovel a bit with some experimentation before the whole process becomes clear.
Oh yes - you must convert Biped anims to FBX format before you can export using the B3D pipeline....Ha - after all this I bet you're not even using Max :(

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#6]
I'm using CharacterFX.

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#7]
Well i don't know about a b3d exporter for C-fx but i expect it exports to X files which blitz can read. So basically just animate your characters moves all as one sequence and then extract them using Blitz's animation commands.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#8]
ok

But then what is LoadAnimSeq used for?

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#9]
Bummerama on hairy back toast!! Read the manual!!
You can assign a variable the exact frames you want from your imported full animation sequences.
So a variable called 'walk' could equal frames 1-20 etc...

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#10]
ok, thanks. I'm new to animation.