b3d vs 3ds

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/b3d vs 3ds

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#1]
What is better for efficiency?
B3d is the native format of Blitz. Is better optimized?
(for animated mesh)

What is better for particle? An aminated texture or type..end, for each...next style particle?
(For ex. a blood drops effect)
The efficency is the most important for me. What does make
less slowdown?

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#2]
You're way better off using B3D in my opinion. There are enough utilities to get the format exported and into your game out there already - I'm not a fan of x-files.
The B3d pipline for Max is one of the slickest systems I've ever seen - Whoever made that deserves a big, thick, solid gold medal!
As for particles - what do you want? 3D particles or 2D fake effect? I'd mix and match them both for where they're suitable.

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thank you.
I think 2D sprite particles.

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#4]
<The B3d pipline for Max >
Hey, where is this at? What pipline?

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#5]
Is this a particle system your going to be using in a 2d game, or a 3d game? If your looking to use particles, your best off going for a single surface particle system. There one in the blitz showcase just now ;)

AdrianT(Posted 2004) [#6]
River Rat, and anyone sle that doesn't know or is new to Blitz3D. B3D pipeline is a 3dsmax exporter with extensions so it can supporta lot of extra features not native to the b3d file format.

Probably one of the most attractive features of blitz3d from a 3dsmax artist point of view.

http://www.onigirl.com/pipeline/