animation question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/animation question

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#1]
How can merge two animation or how can split the animations? (as you wish)
For ex.
The upper body makes the weapon reloading animation whilst the lower body makes the walking animation.
The two bodyparts make different animation sequence.
Can make this with one model?

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#2]
Yes but you must use bone animation....and a lot of extra brain muscle for accessing which bones you wish to animate a particular way...I don't know about any utility to do this in Blitz3d, but it sure as slime would be cool if there was one!

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#3]
I don't think you can do what you suggest with splitting the model up, or doing as Hujiklo suggests and moving the bones yourself. Someone should a little app for doing that. Moving the bones and recording there positions and rotations, then reading it in via data statements.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
or you could use seperate animated meshes for upper and lower part, stick them onto a pivot and animate them as you wish. Tho this makes Character Design kind of hard.

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#5]
In fact JFK's suggestion here is a pretty good one.
For the type of character I think you are thinking of - a generic, worn out, me-too, gun-toting He-man...[he he - sorry ;)] ..you could hide the split in the waist of the character by a big bullet belt or some such beefy waist band (maybe he has a hernia) etc..
That would enable you to make the character seem like one mesh without any extra brain-mangling, complex coding.

Spiffing good suggestion that fellow....in fact, One would go so far as to say 'Hyper-galactic-mega-top!'. If One were so bold and feisty ..what