Client System

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Client System

shordey(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hey guys,

I'm completly new to BB, and dont really know where to start. 6 years ago I had alot of fun with qBasic (quickbasic), but can't really remember much of that, except for Print, Input, and all that simple stuff like If and then ;)

Anyway, how I have seen in many example programs it's possible to make good database programs with BB, not in DOS format - in windows like format :))

Well anyway, here's where I need your help... can anyone advise me where to find a tutorial about the GUI interface?! So for setting up buttons, lists etc.... The rest should be pretty simple for a Client-Database (thats what i wanna make)

Thanks very mucho :)

Regards
Chris

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
Quite frankly if you're going to be doing database stuff you'd be better off with VB.net as it's got native SQL, native gui, and it's rock solid for that sort of thing.

shordey(Posted 2004) [#3]
hi, first of all thanks for your reply! I would like to use VB, but the Studio is to expencive for me to afford.... it would be possible to make a Database System with BB wouldnt it?

Thanks
chris

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#4]
Of course it is possible, blitz is a programming language. I assume you've bought blitz+.

shordey(Posted 2004) [#5]
yeah bought blitz+ yesterday ;)