DLLs

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/DLLs

ala_samodi(Posted 2004) [#1]
I want to make my own dlls for my game!
write some extisions which will make development for my game easyer!! sorry if i didnt explain enough! just tell me and i will tell you! such as New strings [playfile(file$)]

ala_samodi(Posted 2004) [#2]
can someone plz reply i really need this!

smilertoo(Posted 2004) [#3]
eh?

GfK(Posted 2004) [#4]
I think you need to start way WAY smaller. You clearly have little clue about what you're doing at this stage and you need to learn the basics first and foremost.

N(Posted 2004) [#5]
Er...

What exactly would you be needing a DLL for?

Caff(Posted 2004) [#6]
If you want to write DLL's, you'll need to make them in another language (typically C++, Purebasic, I think .net also). You can then link them into your program using a .decls file and by putting the .dll in the same folder as your executable. Obviously this means knowing those languages fairly well, and having the tools to compile a DLL with them.

If you want to see how people have done this before, have a look at the entries in the user libs archive - http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?cat=14

Bear in mind, DLL's are normally created to achieve something that isn't normally possible with Blitz as it is. If you are looking to speed up your game because you have a massive processing overhead, then fair enough, it might be worth looking into.

If you are new to Blitz, you are far better off writing everything in Blitz and only resorting to using a DLL if you really need to.