On the stair

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/On the stair

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#1]
I can't resolve the stair problem. My model does not go up the stair. Do you have a sample or something how can make this?

SoggyP(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hi Mike,

I think you might need to elaborate a touch more. What stair? What model?

Later,

Jes

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#3]
Is scale related? Like if you collision sphere is smaller than the stair step?

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#4]
The size of the sphere is good for the model. The model is on the ground (gravity with translateentity)

My model is an animated b3d model (a man) and the level is the sample model of Maplet. Do you know? Stairs and raps.

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#5]
tell us what gravity setting you have and what speed setting you have for you character when he moves...
Tell us the radius setting also

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#6]
EntityRadius player,1.8,.6

mvz=mvz + .25
MoveEntity ent,mvx,0,mvz

TranslateEntity player,0, -.5,0

The level is too small hence the size is 7.5,7.5,7.5
The model is too big hece his size is .13,.13,.13

Is this problem?

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#7]
hard to say but that radius looks big to me...I set mine to about 0.7 and then positioned my player above its parent pivot. However I'm doing an FPS and don't have a character which you can physically see.
the only time my stairs haven't worked is when the speed setting has been set too low...or alternatively gravity to high. Its a balancing act

Does that speed setting keep on increasing or have you clipped it to 0.25? if so it needs more...

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#8]
I think I must balance the radius, the gravity and the speed. thank you the help

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#9]
Hope your sort it out. It's a real bummer when something that seems so simple turns out to be a total drag.

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#10]
I know the solution. I miss the pivot. I'm controlling the model directy. This is the problem.
Now I have a pivot and the model is attached to the pivot.
The pivot controls the collisions and the movements.
Now goes up the stair smoothly.

thank you