collisions

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/collisions

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have problem with entityradius.
(the collision between model and map is sliding collision)
When the entityradius is good (after the translateentity 0,-1,0 the model is on the ground) he can't go up the stair
or on upgrade.
When the entityradius is big, the model can go up on the staire but is float above the groud.
What is the solution?

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#2]
As a rough guess you may have too much gravity going on with your translate command.
Try setting it to -0.01 first and then play with it - you should,be able to climb things with that setting.

Then increase the gravity setting until you get a 'happy' setting.

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#3]
Unfortunatly without translate neither works.
I put the model on the ground and when collisions with the stair he stops and does not go up.

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#4]
What do you mean without translate neither works?
You need translate entity for the y force or gravity...have you tried changing it to 0.01?...you still can't go up slopes?
Also how big is your radius?

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#5]
I play with the y gravity and the velocity of the model movement but hi can't go up.
If you think I send you my sourcecode for controlling.

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#6]
In SARE engine R.I.P. I used the players forward vector as the point to cast a downward line pick.

i.e. cast a line pick down from the next position the player wants to move to.

If this line pick shows a Y coord < the players current Y coord then impose gravity.

If this line pick shows a Y coord > the players current Y coord but not too much higher then impose -gravity to let the player climb the object.

If it is on the same Y coord then switch gravity off.

Mike0101(Posted 2004) [#7]
Good idea. I guess this goes automaticly but now I see I must make this thing.
Thank you

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#8]
I replied to your post in blitz3d forum about this :)