Where might a beginner...begin?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Where might a beginner...begin?

Jaster(Posted 2004) [#1]
So, like the topic says. I have B+ atm so no 3D for me (a friend got it for me as a going to college gift and 3d was a bit expensive lol) at least until I can learn B+ really well. I was wondering though, other than messing with the built in help where might I go for info on data structures, interfacing, etc etc? thanks

boomboom(Posted 2004) [#2]
code archives, top of this page :)

thalamus(Posted 2004) [#3]
I've been coding, off and on, for over 10 years - there's still no substitute for taking other people's programs and making small changes and modifications to see how the code works and what does what. It's also pretty useful for seeing how code should be structured and laid out.

Once you've picked up on the basics and are familiar with the rudimentary commands, set yourself a goal, a small project idea you can accomplish in just a few days...

puki(Posted 2004) [#4]
Another suggestion is 'Learn to Program 2D Games in Blitz Basic' by "Krylar". You can buy it over at Blitzcoder.com.

I was lucky enough to get a free copy from Idigicon. However, if I had paid for it then it would have been worth it.

http://shop.idigicon.com/pdetails.asp?id=400

It was written for Blitz Basic, but I would imagine all of it is valid for B+.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#5]

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#6]
"Game Programming for Teens" is the book I used. I'm not really sure if it covers everything, but I learned everything from it. Unfortunately, there is no book for programming in 3D yet.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#7]
Yet...

puki(Posted 2004) [#8]
Well, there are general 3D games programming books. Apparantly, "Kryler" is still working on his 3D book for Blitz3D.