Parseb3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Parseb3d

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi there - I'm a newbie in Blitz and Giles so this may well be an easy question to answer.
I cannot get any lights to be imported into my Blitz3d scene using the parseb3d bb file from Frecle.net.
I delete all referecne to the particles and include and call the parser in my main fps program but so far I have exactly zero realtme lights showing up in my 3d scene.
From a beginner's perspective, It would have been nicer if the so called example code actually imported and set up some realtime lights instead of just using the light positions as pivots for the particles - unless I really am so dumb as to have missed it.
I'm also lost as to where exactly the parser extracts the light positions and rotations as I cannot see any reference to them in the Type. fields...or for that matter even a mention of them in the Gile(s) help files under 'Exporting'

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#2]
Why have you posted in so many places? Twice on this forum and once on giles forum!

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yes - I posted in 3 places because it's a sort of multi-faceted question in that it's concerning Gile(s), Blitz3d and me being a total newbie! (Also - Gile(s) forum is a bit on the empty side!)
I tried your Code Beaker - unfortunately it sort of hangs on my level gls file - perhaps it's too big? My gls files I over 4 meg. I dont have the ruins.gls to test it with either - but the standard Gile(s) scene hung on my computer, perhaps it was because there are no textures??

Anyhow - thank you for replying and trying to help me out but your code is way above my head...I need simply to successfuly extract light data from a gile(s) exported B3d file.

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#4]
Sorry - meant to say I tried Noel's code not Beaker's!

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#5]
This particlular problem is now solved after 8 hours solid brain bashing - and it all came down to whether or not the level mesh is loaded as an anim-mesh or a plain mesh...sigh..
Make sure it's an anim-mesh people

Caff(Posted 2004) [#6]
Yep Animmesh is your friend :)