Pretty new here...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Pretty new here...

Fess(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hey everyone, I've been visiting this community for quite some time admiring the awesome work around these forums and trying to learn some stuff about B3D itself. So I've come across a problem with the program (since I'm basically still a huge newbie) I cannot figure out exactly how I can load a .b3d file (made in maplet) in Blitz and apply the lightmap. The test file that came with Maplet has several errors in it which I've not been able to resolve.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#2]
Use the 'LoadMesh' command to load the .b3d file into your program. This will automatically apply the lightmap and textures.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#3]
As Axeman said

level = loadmesh("test.b3d")

Of course you'll need a camera to be able to see it.

camera = createcamera()

Then you render the world

renderworld

and flip the back buffer to the visible screen

flip

then wait or it'll all disappear!

waitkey

puki(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hi "Fess".

Fess(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks guys, well I'm one step closer.

Updated: Sorry guys, yet another question here. Okay so I can't get b3d's to load in Blitz but .x format will load but without anykind of lightmap. Whenever I load b3d I get a pure black screen with no sign of the map at all, even when moving about with the camera there is no sign of my map at all.

Could anybody help or lead me to a soloution? Thanks

Hey Puki

Scherererer(Posted 2004) [#6]
Did you download all of the upgrades for Blitz3D, i had the same problem. You need to download all of them because one of them changes Blitz so that it has support for .b3d files, why they didn't include the upgrades in the new sales, i don't know, but life goes on. Just look in the Account section then click on product updates. good luck!

Fess(Posted 2004) [#7]
Well, I can't exactly do that. My brother bought Blitz before and the only thing I've got registed here is Maplet, so I can't really get the updates since I have no idea what his REG code is.

puki(Posted 2004) [#8]
Not also called "Chong" are you?

Fess(Posted 2004) [#9]
Nope, never posted here before. The only community I belonged to prior to coming here in Gaming Ground Zero (which if you don't know is a RPG Maker community that focuses more on 2D game creation)

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#10]
So you're using an illegal copy of blitz then? Or do you and your brother use the same computer?

Fess(Posted 2004) [#11]
This is my brother's computer but he's off at college, and not so easy to get ahold of. I'm just gonna solve my problems by buying my own copy later this week.