IRC Channel

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/IRC Channel

Tony Hart(Posted 2004) [#1]
What is the IRC channel and what server is it on for programmers who need help?

puki(Posted 2004) [#2]
Come chat on #BlitzBasic @ irc.blitzed.org

Tony Hart(Posted 2004) [#3]
For some reason, when i use irc.blitzed.org it finds a random server (still no problem yet, as any random server still shows same channels). Yet when i look on the channel list in MIRC i do NOT see the channel blitzbasic. The only channel i see for this is BlitzCoder and no-one responds to me =-(

What I am trying to do is have my text RPG display all of the .chr files in the current folder. Here is the code I have currently. I would appreciate any help in fixing this so it works properly!

Function CharLoad()

Print "This Function is still being worked on!"
Print "This is a list of all the adventurers who I have listed that have helped our cause."
Print "Please type your name if it appears!

folder$ = CurrentDir()
myDir$ = ReadDir(folder$)

Repeat
file$ = NextFile$(myDir$)
If file$ = Upper$(Right$(4, ".CHR")) Then
Print file$
Else
Exit

charname$ = Input$()

End Function

The error I am getting is cannot End Function without Function

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Matty(Posted 2004) [#4]
You haven't placed an end to your loop. You have a repeat statement without an until or forever statement.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#5]
yep, Thats your problem.

puki(Posted 2004) [#6]
With regard to IRC - just try to join #Blitzbasic, regardless of whether it is in your list.

Tony Hart(Posted 2004) [#7]
Here is the code i have writen so far but I am still having servere problems with it. What I am trying to do is have it list the character files (.chr files i have it create) when i say that i have a character already. Then the user is supposed to type their characters name in and the character loads. A) It doesnt list the characters. B) I dont get to the part where i can type the characters name and C) It causes the system to seem to freeze up. When i get to this function, the program hangs and only closes if i close blitz basic. It doesnt close when the code ends or anything.

If anyone could recreate the code or tell me how to fix it. I found the IRC channel, and I also have AIM and MSN.

My AIM is BostonCheersEx and my MSN is x32max@...

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!

Function CharLoad()

Print "This Function is still being worked on!"
Print "This is a list of all the adventurers who I have listed that have helped our cause."
Print "Please type your name if it appears!

folder$ = CurrentDir()
myDir = ReadDir(folder$)

Repeat
file$ = NextFile$(myDir)
If file$ = Upper$(Right$(".CHR", 4)) Then
Print file$
If file$ = "" Then Exit

EndIf
Forever

charname$ = Input$()
filein = ReadFile(charname$ + ".chr")
charname$ = ReadString(charname$)
classname$ = ReadString(classname$)

Print charname$
Print classname$
End Function

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#8]
Do you know 'Morph?' - sorry had to ask....... ;-)

BlackTower(Posted 2004) [#9]
Put

If file$ = "" Then Exit

AFTER the EndIf.