Animation Blending?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Animation Blending?

RXArt(Posted 2004) [#1]
I was wondering if this is possible with B3D. Say I've got a single meshed that is fully skinned and boned. There's an animation for em running, another for 's hands to be moving. Can I blend this two motions together? If not, can I alter the bones during gameplay? Here's what I wanna achieve:

A character will run either left or right according to when I'm holding left or right key. Character will perform some hand gestures whenever the mouse button is clicked, whether the character is still running, idle or just about to run or stop.

I think I can manage the frames where the character is running or idle (2 different animations, depending on which leg the weight is on). But how can I do this when the character is just starting or stopping running?

Thanks!

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
You can do animation masking (what you are asking about; blending is a different thing) by having a couple invisible animated skeletons, and the visible character with the same skeleton but without animation. Play the two animations you wish to combine, and match the bone rotations every frame.

This is hardly a beginner task however so I'd put this off until after you have experience doing other, simpler stuff in Blitz3D.