Not windowed apps don't run in background...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Not windowed apps don't run in background...

Giulio(Posted 2004) [#1]
A little problem... I need to work in not windowed mode, but in this modality if i shell another application from principal program this last stop his work... So i must close secondary application and return to principal... There is a workaround for this (i know that in windowed mode program cntinue run in background, but i need not windowed mode).

Thank.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
I'm not entirly sure what you're getting at however, it sounds to me like you want to put a delay in the main loop of the blitz app to free up processor cycles.

Blitz uses 100% of the processor if it can so if you put a delay in your main loop it frees up cycles for other apps to run.

Giulio(Posted 2004) [#3]
No that is not the problem. I spawn an external process with api and track the process handle. I need to shutdown the spawned application at a certain time with terminateprocess API. All code is working, but only in windowed mode. In not windowed mode Blitz application stop running after process has spawned...

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#4]
Ahah, I understand now... No idea how to fix that! Sorry!

Giulio(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thank you anyway.

soja(Posted 2004) [#6]
I have not tried it, but does Autosuspend False work?

Giulio(Posted 2004) [#7]
There is AutoSuspend in B3D ? I tried with Autosuspend=false but don't work...

Giulio(Posted 2004) [#8]
Solved... I put in a non graphic mode with EndGraphics the application before spawning the external program, and return in graphic mode when needed. ;-)

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#9]
Good to hear you have fixed your problem