Crowd Image Panorama (Request please!!!)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Crowd Image Panorama (Request please!!!)

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#1]
I am trying to make a skybox with a true panoramic view of a stadium crowd. I've tried looking on google etc. but obviously most of these images are copyrighted.

Also, many images that state they are panoramic are not full 360degrees.

I know it's actually quite a rare image, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Full credit and lots of praise will be given.

It's not really important what sort of crowd. Any banners/adverts etc. I will probably edit/modify.

Sorry to be a pain ;)

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#2]
???

Panoramic view from what position? what kind of stadium?

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#3]
Anything 'stadium-ish' will do :) Its a crowd I want. Ideally I would like the view from the centre -

The idea is to get a skysphere of the crowd around my playing area.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#4]
Can't you just create your own stadium and take 4 snapshots (each with a viewing frustum of 90 degrees) pointing at each quadrant?

It shouldn't be too hard. You could write a small algorithm to fill the stadium bleachers with spectators for you. Processing time is not important since it is just being created for a snapshot.

Todd(Posted 2004) [#5]
Here's one I put together from This photo. It should tile nicely as well.

(Click for big version)

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2004) [#6]
Perhaps you should texture the inside of a cylinder instead of a box to get a rounded arena. Then it should look the same all the time as you spin round.

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#7]
Todd- THANKS A MILLION!!! Ill use this later when I get home. If it does tile it's perfick :)

ENAY - yeah I had already decided to use a cylinder. Certainly not a box. This isn't the problem. The problem is non-panoramic textures.

WolRon - Possibly I could if I was any good at this lark ;)