templates of animation

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/templates of animation

David(Posted 2004) [#1]
i have one animation for various models with equal structure... i need copy animation on all models or i can what the models have a reference to the animation and in the memory exists only one animation?

this is beacuse i have 100 models and if i insert in all the animation the blitz3d use 96mb :(

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
1. If you've only rigged and animated one model and all then models have all the vertex indices identical then you might have a fighting chance, if there is any variation then you're probably screwed.

2. You've rigged all the models but only animated one of them: Better chance of succes assuming you've named the bones the same.

A thought of how you would do this once you've got bones in place:
Have a bone model that has no verts but has animation. Find child all of the bones then animate it as you would your model on screen, then get the x,y,z,yaw,roll, and pitch of all the bones and translate this to your boned model. This will pose it identical to the no vert model. The no vert model could then be set to animation seq and frame for the next character and so on so you only have one no vert animated model and a bunch of boned models with no animation.

Just a thought...