Poser Animations

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Poser Animations

nivek(Posted 2004) [#1]
When I export a Poser animation I get 1 mesh for each frame. How do I combine them in Blitz3D to make 1 animation?

Thanks

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#2]
Poser isn't that great for doing animations for games, I believe there are programs or plugins that will convert the poser animations, if not I know there are poser BVH importers (the skeleton).

If you have 1 mesh for each frame and each mesh has say 2700 polys, that would use a huge amount of memory for a simple animation.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#3]
Poser's BVH format is different to the standard BVH format, and most importers won't do Poser's BVH format. I'd also recommend reading the license agreement very careful as I'm pretty sure someone told me a while back that you're not allowed to use the Poser animations in a game, even if you can find a way to do it.

sswift(Posted 2004) [#4]
You can't export poser animations. There is no format they export that has bones and can be converted to another format.

Theoretically one could calculate the neccessary bones for a series of animated meshes... but I don't know anyone who has been able to do that.

Conveting to MD2 would also be a possiblity, except that MD2 is almost certainly very large when dealing with animations of models with hundreds of thousands of vertices.