loading a mesh

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/loading a mesh

Lordon(Posted 2004) [#1]
i ordered the real version of blitz3d, but now it seems i can't use any models except '.3ds' ... before i got it, my .b3d model was working, but when i switched off the demo and onto the 'real' version, it stopped working... does the real version of blitz3D not support anything except .3ds?

N(Posted 2004) [#2]
Uh... the real version supports 3DS, B3D, and X. It'd be illogical to support multiple file formats in a demo then not allow more than one in the retail copy, aye? -_-

Now give me some info. How did you make the B3D file? Expanding upon that: what program do you use for modelling? What exporter(s) do you use? Which one did you use in this case?

Lordon(Posted 2004) [#3]
the .b3d file was a ninja, made by psionic, im assuming he used cinema 4D (he was using cinema 4D for the tutorial he made)

i don't know what u mean by exporter

N(Posted 2004) [#4]
In that case, maybe Psionic will drop by.

In any case, try loading this in Blitz. If it works, then it's the model file you're using.

Also, what version of Blitz3D are you using? Verions prior to 1.75 won't load B3D files.

Lordon(Posted 2004) [#5]
i got the message: "Entity does not Exist" which is the message i got for teh ninja. let me redownload the version update and see if it works.

Lordon(Posted 2004) [#6]
also, do i need to download and install each update one at a time, or can i download just the newest one?

Lordon(Posted 2004) [#7]
ok i redownloaded the updates and it works now, thx

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#8]
also, do i need to download and install each update one at a time, or can i download just the newest one?

Just download and run the newest one. Each update overwrites the existing update. You can also run old updates if you need to go back to a previous version for any reason.