Collisions problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Collisions problem

Dock(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm currently following the Blitz3D tutorials by Ray Diaz (excellent stuff so far ^^). However, I'm having a strange problem with collisions.

I'm finding that if I enable the line:
"Collisions PLAYER,PROPS,2,1"
It actually makes all my PROPS disappear!

It works perfectly fine with:
"Collisions PLAYER,PROPS,1,1", but this is of course not what I want. I looked through the sample source code and I can't figure out what it could be which is stopping my version from working properly.

any ideas?

N(Posted 2004) [#2]
Whoa. Strange. What Blitz3D version?

Dock(Posted 2004) [#3]
I checked - and I was still using 1.85, so I upgraded to Blitz 1.87 and I still have the problem. I think it's my code though.

Here is my code:

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#4]
Just quickly looking through I noticed that you are passing the flor1 handle into a STRING variable in the function TouchGround. You should be passing it into an INT variable/
PositionEntity (n,EntityX(n),EntityY(n)-0.01,EntityZ(n))
BTW, your TouchGround function is being called before you execute UPDATEWORLD. It should most likely be the other way around.

Dock(Posted 2004) [#5]
I made those changes, but they made no difference, unfortunately. Thanks anyway though, you're probably right about my calling touchground too early.

Further experimentation shows that if I change the line to:
Collisions PROPS,PLAYER,2,2

The props appear fine, it's just mode "2,1" which causes me problems. That said, the props don't seem to be actually causing collisions. Very odd...

Any more ideas? ^^

EDIT: ack - strange! It just started working fine with "2,1" again, even though I didn't change any values... o_o; I'll continue with the tutorials then. Thanks for any help! ^^