X - 3DS - B3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/X - 3DS - B3D

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#1]
Whats the FAQ?

Which of these objects carries textures with it and which need keys and references (and paths) to find the texture. I am pretty sure about .X that it needs a texture in a specific place but what about .b3d? or 3ds?

- Rook

Gord(Posted 2004) [#2]
b3d needs textures in same program folder as your listing does 3ds as far as I know.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#3]
The texture paths for B3D depend on what software created it, some use relative paths and some use absolute (absolute being very bad).

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#4]
There is a B3D -> XML -> B3D converter in the code archives, you can use that to change paths.

B3D - > XML -> B3D

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#5]
There's also a .X --> .B3D converter

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#6]
I am currently using milkshape and rhino. Rhino outs to 3ds. Milkshape can out to b3d or X... is there a 3ds to b3d???

-Rook

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#7]
I haven't tried it with other tools but that X->B3D converter doesn't work with x files exported from Maya. It was created for use with 3D Canvas.

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2004) [#8]
Hey jhocking, do you know if that x->B3D converter works with .x files created with TrueSpace. Also, my first creation had trouble loading the textures onto a object as well. I used TrueSpace to create the the object and saved it to a .x file.

Thanks jhocking.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#9]
I don't know. I don't have Truespace to test it out or anything. If you have $35 you might consider getting Ultimate Unwrap. It's useful for all sorts of things, but one thing it can do is open X models and save to b3d with skeletal animation intact.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#10]
Ultimate Unwrap sounds interesting... I am going to Dogpile or Google for that and see what comes... Hope there is a demo!

-RZ

big10p(Posted 2004) [#11]
Dogpile? That's a new one on me - sounds disgusting! :P

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#12]
it is simply a multi search engine without all the cookies of google -- Yes... dogpile is a pun but have you searched for anything on the internet lately??? You get a lot of "dogpiles" before you find anything you need... too much "pile" in the way! : )

-RZ