sound trigger

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/sound trigger

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#1]
I am pretty sure someone has written about this but I cannot find it in search or by scanning the forums so i will simply be a boor and ask again (though first time for me...)

Is there some way to plant a sound trigger in my map? Is there some way to play a sound only when entities collide?

This must be possible and certainly I am probably too dense to figure it out. If someone can help me by posting even the psuedocode the loud slapping noise you then hear will be my hand helping myhairline to receed further!!!

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#2]
Don't all reply at once!

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#3]
Pseudocode: If a collide with b then playsound

After setting up collisions you can check if an entity collide with another by calling entitycollided. If you want a sound to be in a specific area then you must check if the player is in the area.

Pseudocode:
If player in area
If sound not playing play sound
Else
If sound playing stop sound
End If

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#4]
Ahhh... OK. I was a bit worried about the IF/THEN statements slowing down the clock a bit but it seems fast enough.

B3d has a microphone example that is supposed to diminish the sound from a distance based on the distance to the entity but all ways I have tried it have simply not worked and the example is clear as mud. I am trying yours now. :)