Retaining textures from MAX to Blitz3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Retaining textures from MAX to Blitz3D

mc2004(Posted 2004) [#1]
Does anybody know of a way that a model (all parts grouped) can be brought into Blitz3D from 3D MAX and retain the textures assigned to it in MAX without having to bring in each part seperately, reposition and reassign the textures to all the parts again?

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#2]
I've never come across a way of going from Max to Blitz that did NOT retain the textures. What are you doing?

mc2004(Posted 2004) [#3]
Not too sure to be honest, I brought the model in from MAX using LoadAnimMesh and made sure all the maps were in the same folder, but when the model is displayed only one of textures covered the whole model, What I can't figger out is how to go about assigning the textures to the parts when they are all grouped, or have I completely lost the plot!

Thanks

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#4]
I generally don't use groups, as they mess with lots of things. Ditch the groups and see if it makes any difference.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#5]
You are using the 3dsmax plugin for blitz?

http://www.onigirl.com/pipeline/index.html

mc2004(Posted 2004) [#6]
I've got the MAX to Blitz pipeline, but when I tried to export the model MAX threw a wobble, so I've probably got something wrong in the grouping or linking, either that or the Bltiz pipeline has been tested on a MAX version thats later than mine.

When I first tried the pipeline I just exported a simple plane and couple of cubes and that went over ok, so maybe it's the linking thing I've got wrong.

I'll try ditching the groups and see what happens.